A camera inspection allows for a real-time visual inspection of underground sewer lines and other piping to determine the condition inside the pipe. A flexible fiber optic cable with a specially designed high-resolution video camera on its tip is inserted into the pipe for inspection. As the cable is pushed through the pipe, the hardened waterproof camera, equipped with powerful lights, records its journey and findings. Video images are transmitted to the camera operator who can make an informed diagnosis of any problem found. The video inspection can be saved for a permanent record.
Video cameras may be used to identify pipe damage and obstructions that inhibit proper flow or create occasional or repeated backups. The cameras also verify that obstructions have been eliminated and that the lines are clean following service. The condition of a pipe typically cannot be determined without a visual inspection using an in-line camera.
10% off any service call
MonsieurDrain technicians will inspect your drain with our high-tech cameras and localize the issue.
Call us now for a camera inspection at (514) 640 0070 and use the following discount code:
Video camera inspections pinpoint problems like these:
- Broken, cracked or collapsed pipe – damaged pipes requiring repair or replacement.
- Offset pipe – sewer pipes have become misaligned due to shifting soil, frozen ground, settling, etc.
- Blockage – grease buildup or a foreign object is restricting or prohibiting proper flow and/or cleaning of the line.
- Corrosion – the pipe has deteriorated and/or broken, causing sections to collapse and restrict water flow.
- Bellied pipe – a section of the pipe has sunk due to ground or soil conditions, creating a valley that collects paper and waste.
- Leaking joints – the seals between pipes have broken, allowing water to escape into the area surrounding the pipe.
- Root infiltration – tree or shrub roots have invaded the sewer line, preventing normal cleaning and/or roots have damaged the pipe.
- Off-grade pipe – existing pipes are constructed of substandard or outdated material that may have deteriorated or corroded.
Avoid problems and hassle, call Monsieur Drain today!